Notice: If you click on an affiliate link or ad, Findingyourway.info may receive an affiliate commission
Dedicated to helping people enter into a relationship with God through repentance and faith in The Lord Jesus Christ
Welcome to The Entrance Exam, this is the most important exam you will ever take. Taking The Entrance Exam will help you learn the answer to that age old question, “Where will I spend eternity?” Don't worry if you fail The Entrance Exam we will show you what you need to know to pass the test.
Sunday, October 30, 2016
Are you good enough to go to Heaven? Trade in your fear of not knowing for the peace and assurance that comes from knowing Jesus Christ!
One of the most important questions we can ask ourselves is am I good enough to go to Heaven or what will happen to me when I die? Most of us however try not to think about death or hell, or what will happen when we die it makes feel afraid or uncomfortable because we don't know or are not sure of the answer so we push it to the back of our minds and try not to think about it.
But one day we all, whether we like it or not will have to face this question, sooner or later all of us will one day pass from this life to the next and stand before a Holy God who will judge us by His Laws for all the things we did in this life, whether it was something we did or something we should have done but failed to do or perhaps it was something we thought about in our hearts like harboring hatred or lust in your heart even though we may never have told anyone God knows about and sees even these so called secret sins.
(Jas 4:14) whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. What is your life? For ye are a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
My friend is it better to deal with this question now while you can still can do something or wait until it is too late and your standing before the judgment seat of God? I think the answer to this question is obvious, now is the right time to answer this question, and there is an answer, there is a solution, one that God Himself has provided. But before we discuss the solution lets answer us the question "Are You Good Enough?" by going through the very Laws that God will use to judge us by and examining our hearts;
1. "You shall have no other gods before Me" Is God first in your life? Do you love Him above all else? The Bible tells us that no one has kept this commandment (Psalm 14:2-
2. "You shall not make for yourself any graven image". This means you should not make any graven image, whether it is out of stone, wood or our imaginations, have you ever said something like this? My God would never do this or that or my God is a Loving God and would never send anyone to hell, this is called Idolatry and the Bible clearly says that "no Idolater shall inherit the Kingdom of God" 1 Corinthians 6:9-
3. "You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain" Have you ever used the name of the Lord as a cuss word or as a way of expressing disgust or surprise, this is called blasphemy and the Bible says that "the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain" Exo 20:7.
4. "Remember the Sabbath Day, to keep it Holy" Have you ever worked on the Sabbath day? God considers the Sabbath to be so Holy that according to Ex. 35:2 anyone who did work on the Sabbath was to be put to death.
5. "Honor your father and your mother" Have you always honored your parents? Have you ever disobeyed them or perhaps cursed them or at them? God says, "he that curseth his father or mother , shall surly be put to death...' Ex. 21:17 and "rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft" 1 Samuel 15:23.
6. "You shall not murder" Have you ever hated anyone? In 1 John 3:15 the Bible states that hating someone is the same as murder and in "...murderers...shall have their part in the lake of fire..." Revelations 6:9-
7. "You shall not commit adultery". Have you ever looked with lust? Jesus stated that lust is "adultery of the heart" (Matthew 5:28) God says that no adulterers "...shall inherit the Kingdom of God". 1 Corinthians 6:9-
8. "You shall not steal" Have you ever stolen anything, even something small? God says, "No thieves ....shall inherit the Kingdom of God". 1 Corinthians 6:10.
9. "You shall not bear false witness". Have you ever told a lie, even a so called white lie? God says "all liars, shall have their part in the lake of fire..." Revelation 21:8
10. "You shall not covet" Have you ever been greedy, or wanted something that did not belong to you? God says He actually hates (abhors) "the covetous", Psalm 10:3, and of those who are covetous (greedy) He says, "they which commit such things are worthy of death," Rom 1:29-
Who can say they have not been guilty of breaking any number of these Commandments?
All of us have sinned, and broken God's commandments at one point or another, we have all lied, cheated, hated, dishonored our parents, lusted, taken the Lords name in vain also known as blasphemy and so the Bible warns, "For whoever shall keep the whole Law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all." James 2:10
And because you broken Gods Law's you are guilty of sinning against God Himself, and the penalty for that sin is an eternity Hell. In fact the Bible says God's wrath abides on you, that you are an "enemy of God in your mind through wicked works." That's the bad news and fortunately for us there is also some good news!
The good news is that God Himself does not want you to perish or end up in Hell, and knowing that none of us could be good enough to merit eternal life and Heaven, God did something incredible, He sent His Son Jesus Christ to pay the penalty for our sins by dying in our place on the Cross thereby satisfying His justice and His Love for us. His justice required our death and His Love required The Cross;
(Col 2:14) Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
We stood guilty and condemned before a Holy and Just God with no way to pay the penalty for our crimes other than to spend an eternity in Hell and Jesus stepped into God's courtroom 2000 years ago and paid for the crimes we committed by giving Himself for us on the Cross;
(Rom 5:8) But God commendeth his own love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
(Rom 5:9) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, shall we be saved from the wrath of God through him.
(Rom 5:10) For if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, shall we be saved by his life;
(Rom 5:11) and not only so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.
(Rom 5:12) Therefore, as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin; and so death passed unto all men, for that all sinned: -
(Rom 5:13) for until the law sin was in the world; but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
(Rom 5:14) Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the likeness of Adam's transgression, who is a figure of him that was to come.
(Rom 5:15) But not as the trespass, so also is the free gift. For if by the trespass of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God, and the gift by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, abound unto the many.
(Rom 5:16) And not as through one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment came of one unto condemnation, but the free gift came of many trespasses unto justification.
(Rom 5:17) For if, by the trespass of the one, death reigned through the one; much more shall they that receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one, even Jesus Christ.
(Rom 5:18) So then as through one trespass the judgment came unto all men to condemnation; even so through one act of righteousness the free gift came unto all men to justification of life.
(Rom 5:19) For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the one shall the many be made righteous.
(Rom 5:20) And the law came in besides, that the trespass might abound; but where sin abounded, grace did abound more exceedingly:
(Rom 5:21) that, as sin reigned in death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
(Joh 3:16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.
God does not want you perish, and He has done something incredible for you so that you can be forgiven. Wondering what you should do? The answer is simple, repent (turn from your sins) and trust in Jesus Christ as your Savior,
You can pray from your heart in your own words or if you are not sure what to pray or how to pray you could pray something like this:
"Dear God, today I turn away from all of my sins (name them). This day I put my trust in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. He is the only way for me to be saved. He is 'The way, the truth, and the life.'" Please forgive me, change my heart, and grant me your gift of everlasting life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen."
Read your Bible everyday and obey God's Word, find a Bible believing and teaching church, share the Gospel with those who are perishing around you. We are not promised tomorrow so don't put it off.